Data Import in Optimize for Camunda 8 and Camunda 7

Hi @camunda team,

Question:
Can data from a Camunda 7 engine be imported into the Optimize bundled to my Camunda 8 Account ?

I tried searching in the forum and the docs before asking here, any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
G.

Hi @g.manzano,

yes, they can. I’ve experimented with it a while ago and connected my Camunda 7 Optimize to the Elasticsearch instance from my (Docker Compose hosted) Camunda 8 cluster.

Both Optimize installations use the same indexes to store the data, and in the report you can see process instances from both engines.

Let me know your results!

Hope this helps, Ingo

Since the data format is the same, it’s a question of how elasticsearch data can be migrated/copied from A to B. Are there some docs on this topic?

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier

Could you please guide how have you connected the Camunda 7 Optimize to Camunda 8 ElasticSearch Instance.I am trying to do a POC it might be helpful.

Regards,
Madhuvanthi S

Hi @Madhuvanthi,

I’ve started my Camunda 8 cluster with Elasticsearch on my local computer and added the URL of Elasticsearch in the settings of the Camunda 7 Optimize installation (local installation as well).

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier ,

Thank you for your response. My understanding is that you are providing the URL of Camunda 8 elastic search in the Camunda 7 Optimize Installation.
But I am looking for the other way round, Camunda 7 Elastic search url in Camunda 8 optimize settings. Is there any possible way you have tried or any guidance might be helpful.

Regards,
Madhuvanthi S

Hi @Madhuvanthi,

I don’t know if you can use two different Elasticsearch instances in the Camunda 8 Platform, one for Zeebe and Operate and a second one for Optimize. Technically, Camunda 8 Optimize have to read the data from Zeebe and write to the Camunda 7 Elasticsearch.

If it is not possible to use two different Elasticsearch endpoints for Optimize, you should be able to use the Elasticsearch installation for the complete Camunda 8 installation.

Hope this helps, Ingo