Decision on conducting a POC on Camunda Saas or Self-managed

Hi Team,

I am in a process to do a POC for our client and have a slight confusion on whether to use SaaS or Self-hosted.
The requirement consists of a workflow with a lot bunch of users and groups involved in executing the multiple user tasks along with performance evaluation.

Few questions on SaaS:

• Is it possible to provision users (~50+ users in multiple roles) in SaaS? In Self-Managed I see we do have the support for Identity + Keycloak to solve this.
  • For performance evaluation I will need to invoke multiple instance of processes which I can try with “message start event” and make use of tasklist apis to perform some automation to complete the user tasks automatically without the user intervention. For SaaS and self managed should I have to have a separate Client application to deal with the automation of these user tasks ?

I do have few more questions but would like to start with these which will help me decide on the pros and cons of each approach.

Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Team / @Niall ,
Could you please give me so inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Saju_John_Sebastian1,

In SaaS you can manage your users in the console in your organization (Manage users of your organization | Camunda 8 Docs). On the enterprise or professional plan, you can get your own Identity provider integrated in the cluster: Connect your IdP with Camunda | Camunda 8 Docs

It depends. You can use the Tasklist API to complete user tasks automatically. In a self-managed environment, you can use a worker for the task type io.camunda.zeebe:userTask to complete the tasks as fast as a machine can do it. You have to disable the Tasklist here, as it includes a worker for the same job type.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Thanks @Ingo_Richtsmeier
Is there any reference for usage of " io.camunda.zeebe:userTask" so that I can consider this approach doing my automation testing.

Hi @Saju_John_Sebastian1,

it’s here: User tasks | Camunda Platform 8 Docs

Hope this helps, Ingo