Deploy Error - Unexpected '<' in Json at response body

Is it the case I download and try camunda 7.13 alpha release ?

As minor, is there a way to save the “REST endpoint” as old Modeler 2.0 does,
so avoiding to newly write anytime the addition “/deployment/create” ?

Anyway, if Ingo states that this addition is automatic in latest modeler version,
can you guess why in my case it does not happen ?

Thanks a lot for any support.

Hi Niall,

please see at this link both the modeler files and the error screenshot.

Note also that after I open (in Modeler 3.7.0) the file produced by Modeler 2.0.0, and then saved it, there was no change in the file.
I suppose this would mean that JSON error will appear again even after resolving the question of the REST Endpoint.

Can this hint help to you to think about some check to advising me in veryfing some Camund configuration, installation paht, or any else ?

Thanks for your support.

By then, I suppose that when I said

“Modeler 2.0.0 worked with “engine-rest” case (I use tomcat).”

I was wrong. Maybe it was an error caused by the lack of responses from the REST endpoint,
which has been better diagnosed by laster Modeler version.

I also tried to manually type that path ‘…engine-rest…’ in a browser, and I have confirmation that there is no answer, in the sense that ‘error 404’ is retrieved, but I am not sure if this additional test makes sence.

So… what to check about Camunda configuration ?

My installation process was to copy the (standalone 7.12) .war file (renamed into 'Camunda.war) in the “webapps” directory of my tomcat (in xampp 7.4.2.0),
while tomcat itself was not running, and then I restarted tomcat.
Note that accessing camund works fine in browsers (http://localhost:8080/camunda/).

Any idea about REST interface, please ?

Maybe the answer is in

where Yana user explained about a different path to be used.
I will open a new post about credentials.

Anyway, thanks for help and support.