Deployment does not provide any case definitions

Hello,

I am running the example as described at https://docs.camunda.org/get-started/dmn11/deploy/ but am not seeing the same result as the log file indicates on that side.

Instead I see:
04-May-2018 12:00:12.029 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo ENGINE-08023 Deployment summary for process archive ‘dinner-dmn’:

dinnerDecisions.dmn

04-May-2018 12:00:12.042 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo ENGINE-07021 ProcessApplication ‘Dinner App DMN’ registered for DB deployments [22be2b6d-4f7b-11e8-a8ef-668c06430160]. Deployment does not provide any process definitions.Deployment does not provide any case definitions.
04-May-2018 12:00:12.043 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo SPIN-01010 Discovered Spin data format provider: org.camunda.spin.impl.json.jackson.format.JacksonJsonDataFormatProvider[name = application/json]
04-May-2018 12:00:12.044 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo SPIN-01010 Discovered Spin data format provider: org.camunda.spin.impl.xml.dom.format.DomXmlDataFormatProvider[name = application/xml]
04-May-2018 12:00:12.045 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo SPIN-01009 Discovered Spin data format: org.camunda.spin.impl.xml.dom.format.DomXmlDataFormat[name = application/xml]
04-May-2018 12:00:12.045 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo SPIN-01009 Discovered Spin data format: org.camunda.spin.impl.json.jackson.format.JacksonJsonDataFormat[name = application/json]
04-May-2018 12:00:12.078 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo ENGINE-08050 Process application Dinner App DMN successfully deployed
04-May-2018 12:00:12.082 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive /Users/trask/Downloads/camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.8.0/server/apache-tomcat-8.0.47/webapps/dinner-dmn-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.war has finished in 1,241 ms

instead of what the example page states:
ENGINE-08023 Deployment summary for process archive ‘dinner-dmn’:

dinnerDecisions.dmn

Desired dish: Stew

Am I doing something wrong or missing something here? I am using the downloaded project for Step 4 of the example. My Decision Table checks out when I upload it to https://camunda.com/dmn/simulator/.

Regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

The output you posted is fine. I believe the output in the guide is either shortened or not up to date. Deployment does not provide any case definitions just means that you did not deploy any CMMN cases.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The part that told me it was not working was I did not see the line:

Desired dish: Stew

come out in the log file and so I thought the actual method evaluateDecisionTable did not run below.

@ProcessApplication(“Dinner App DMN”)
public class DinnerApplication extends ServletProcessApplication
{

@PostDeploy
public void evaluateDecisionTable(ProcessEngine processEngine) {

DecisionService decisionService = processEngine.getDecisionService();

VariableMap variables = Variables.createVariables()
    .putValue("season", "Spring")
    .putValue("guestCount", 10);

DmnDecisionTableResult dishDecisionResult = decisionService.evaluateDecisionTableByKey("dish", variables);
  String desiredDish = dishDecisionResult.getSingleEntry();

System.out.println("Desired dish: " + desiredDish);
}

}

Am I wrong in thinking it did not run? Looks like it got deployed but did not run.

Regards,
Bruce

Darn, I see the output in catalina.out. Thanks and sorry for the bother.

No worries and nice that it’s working :slight_smile: