DMN Task (Output)

My question is, what happens if an exception occurs during a task, for example, in the middle of the ordering process when I want to cancel it. Is there a way to provide a value as input using DMN, and as an output, it immediately directs us to an activity, such as cancellation, and then the entire process stops?
Did I understand correctly that DMN is an automated task that is not handled by humans?

DMN is for automated decisions. It is a table that, based on the input value(s), produces a “decision” output.

How your process responds to exceptions:

If the process takes place in the engine: for example, a conditional gateway that examines a variable that doesn’t exist in the payload; then the process will raise an incident.

If an exception is thrown in a service task - in your business logic code - then the worker library will usually fail the job. You can catch exceptions in your code and respond with a BPMN error and handle that in your model. If you don’t the library will fail the job (depends on which library you use to implement your code). Failing the job decrements the retry count. When that hits zero, the engine will raise an incident.

Is there a process example where you can see that an incident occurred because the variable is not in the payload? How do I handle this with the business logic code? Nowhere is it mentioned. The documentation does not cover all topics, and the videos do not explain everything. Only the 8-hour video on BPMN was helpful. It is difficult for someone who is new to this system and has little programming knowledge to work with Camunda. Other workflow management systems are simpler and faster to use.