Documentation for custom lint rules plugin

Hi,

I would like to create some custom lint rules for my process models using the plugin (GitHub - camunda/camunda-modeler-custom-linter-rules-plugin: Add custom lint rules to the Camunda Modeler).
I could not find much documentation about what commands can be used, so I cannot access input parameters or extension properties.

Does anyone know where I can find some kind of docs for this, if they exist?

Thanks in advance

Hey @CeSchu,

Did you see the documentation for this on this page? Custom lint rules | Camunda 8 Docs

Also tagging @nikku and @philippfromme because I saw they worked on this plugin :slight_smile:

Hey,
yeah, I did, and I also used the example rules as a reference to create new ones but I couldn’t find any documentation about the property names or commands I can use. Especially things like parameters would be helpful :slight_smile:

@CeSchu We don’t have additional documentation. Happy to answer any concrete questions you may have.

Ok, thank you!
I would like to know how I can access input/output parameters and extension properties in a rule - I would like to check if parameters with certain names or values are given on a task, or if extension properties are used. It would also be nice to check if a form key is set.

My intuition would be to use something like node.inputParameters but I think there is a different name for it. I would really appreciate if you could tell me how to access these properties :slight_smile:

Hi again,

I was able to figure it out myself in the meantime. Since you can actually access dev tools (f12) in the Camunda modeler, I was able to check the contents of the node objects :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.