Duplicate tasks created for one process instance

Hi, we have deployed one bpmn which is working fine. but we are seeing duplicate tasks for one single process instance when we run the camunda in multi cluster env. Please find the json below

{
    "id": "task1",
    "name": "Review",
    "assignee": "user1",
    "created": "2022-04-18T15:23:54.000+0000",
 "executionId": "executionid1",
    "processDefinitionId": "test:5:1234",
    "processInstanceId": "process_instance_1",
    "tenantId": "tenant1"
  },
  {
    "id": "task2",
    "name": "Review",
    "assignee": "user1",
    "created": "2022-04-18T15:23:53.000+0000",
     "executionId": "executionid1",
    "processDefinitionId": "test:5:1234",
    "processInstanceId": "process_instance_1",
    "tenantId": "tenant1"

}

prod_bpmn.bpmn (14.4 KB)
Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks

@aniinprni The BPMN flow was quite mess, parallel gateways are not required in your bpmn model.

@aravindhrs , thank you for your quick response. if i remove the parallel gateways will my problem of creating duplicate task will be resolved ?

Hi, i am new to Camunda platform. I have some queries related to Camunda Tasks.

1. As per my original question, It is observed that for the same process instance duplicate tasks are created. What i am failing to understand is under what scenario this can happen and how.

2. Does Camunda checks for duplicate tasks by default as per the scenario mentioned in point number 1.

3. We have an observation that out of the 2 duplicate tasks post in my original question, one of them marked as “completed” and the other one is marked as “deleted” in the “deleted_reason” column in the ACT_HI_PROCINST table. The question here in is, the task which is deleted is because of manual delete by a user or because of the duplicate tasks Camunda has automatically marked as deleted the moment the other task is completed since it is duplicate.

4. Can you please help me with the correct way of modelling the current bpmn as attached in my question.

Hi, any help on this ?

Hi, Please provide us with your valuable info so that i will be moving forward.

hi any one could you please help me out. i got stuck on this

Hi @aravindhrs, can you please help me out to how can we solve this issue

Hi @aravindhrs , i have further verified the “ACT_OP_LOG” table where i seen duplicate events are generated with same sequence_counter from “Accountant Review” stage to exclusive gate way. due to this we are getting duplicate tasks. Kindly help us to understand where went wrong with this model.