Element Templates -

Hello Camunda team. I am wondering if its a bug or a feature.

Here is my template json

If we don’t put ‘type’ under a property it falls under inputs map and if we do it falls under custom properties.

Is there a way to create an input property with type String under inputs map? Seems like it puts under custom properties if I make a property as String.

In this example, I am trying to put ‘Under Custom Properties’ property under Inputs map.

I think there is value in putting fields under inputs if the binding is camunda:inputparameter instead of putting them as custom properties irrepective of the types, Not sure why default behavior when we update type is to put it in custom Properties irrespective of the binding defined.

@Yana @thorben any ideas/suggesions on this?

@nikku any ideas/suggesions on this?

@prajwol123 - this is a community support forum, not an official support channel. Please don’t tag users that haven’t participated in the thread. If you need more priority support, I can get you in touch with our enterprise sales team to talk about your support needs. If you already have an enterprise plan, using the official support channels will be faster.

Your answer is in the documentation:

By omitting the type configuration, the default UI component is rendered for the respective binding.

For camunda:inputParameter and camunda:outputParameter bindings an input/output parameter mapping component is rendered. The component includes a toggle to enable or disable the Variable Assignment. When untoggling, the respective camunda:inputParameter or camunda:outputParameter element will not be created in the BPMN XML.

In other words, the behavior you’ve described is by design. If you want to keep elements grouped together, you can use groups.

1 Like

Thanks Nathan for the reply. I won’t tag users from next time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.