Embedded forms with error: Form failure: The context path is either empty or not defined

Hi,

I get the following error when trying to start a process:
“Form failure: The context path is either empty or not defined”

Review topics related to the error in the forum and the possible solutions I already have it applied in my code

(If you have a java spring application and you want to use embedded forms, make sure to have the following annotations in your main class:
@SpringBootApplication
@EnableProcessApplication) THIS IN MY CODE IS CORRECT.

About these leagues I was reading:

I use SpringBoot and generate .jar files I do not generate .war files to deploy on the server, Tomcat or Apache.

I have developed two processes, one I start it on localhost: 8081 and another I run it on localhost: 8082.

My use case, I have a group that I have called Group1, this group has two assigned users, all users of this group can start the process.

I have assigned Group1 to my two processes that start on localhost: 8081 and localhost: 8082.

My idea is that the users of Group1 can start and complete the tasks of the embedded forms of my process one and process two.

Image of my processes that one runs on localhost: 8081 and locahost: 8082

when I am in my first process which is on localhost: 8081 I can create, claim, perform and complete the tasks.

Being in localhost: 8081, I can start the process of my second project that lives in localhost: 8082, I start the process, I see the task, I claim the task, but I cannot see the form I have the error of
“Form failure: The context path is either empty or not defined”.

I need Group 1 users to be able to start process, claim tasks, view tasks and complete it, for my both processes.

The users of Group1 are the same people who must perform the tasks for both my first and second process.

*** What I want to avoid is that the user who is responsible for performing the tasks of my processes one and two, log in and log out to see the tasks of each process.

PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO ACHIEVE THAT A GROUP “X” CAN SEE THE TASKS OF BOTH PROCESSES, WITHOUT ERRORS OCCURRING, THEY WOULD BE THANK YOU INIFINITELY.

YES, YOU NEED MORE DETAILS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, I WILL BE LIKING TO LET YOU KNOW.

Hi @MarioH,

I am not experienced in springboot but it seems to me that the html form referred to by your 2nd model doesn’t exist on your instance running on port 81. It only exists on the instance running on port 82 and that is why user gets this error when he tries to open it from instance running on port 81.

But since the requirement is to have same user access both models from the same instance, why you follow such approach.
Why you don’t put all your models and corresponding html forms in a single application then run two instances of it (81 and 82)?

Hi, @hassang

Do you need me to show you more details of my processes?

If so, I will gladly share it with you.

Hi, @hassang

I already solved the error, what was done is to configure a “Proxy Reverse” to join the ports of both processes and thus it allowed me to use the same group for X work processes and thus I solve the error of being closing session in each process to see tasks of a specific process.

Thank you for your comments :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards

1 Like