Embedded subprocess, parallel gateway and token scope issue

Hi,

I have an embedded subprocess in my diagramm and I would like to split token within subprocess via parallel gateway and one token will stay in the subprocess and second one will get out to parent scope.

Please look on the picture I have INITIAL STATE → FINAL STATE:

Why I do not recieve token in the parent process (bottom lane)???

Thank you wise guys

Can you query the history of the instance and then maybe track the path it went down?

Hi,

great idea btw, but I think there history tracking turned off. I will check it out soon.

Meanwhile do see anything illegal in terms of BPMN out there? That looks ok for me, but still not working )

I’m not an expert, but I don’t think that will work the way that you want it to.

Normal movement onwards from the subprocess isn’t expected to happen until all tokens within it have been consumed.

Try throwing an escalation within the subprocess and catch it with a non-interrupting boundary catch to spawn the extra token outside the subprocess. That way, every time through your loop, it would start another token down the bottom portion path.

But really, that doesn’t seem like the right way to do it either.
It probably needs to be refactored to explain clearly what it is that you’re trying to do (which seems like trying to implement a while-true-fork loop…)

2 Likes