ENGINE-03056 Tables are missing - PostgreSQL - Camunda Run

Hi,

I am trying to set up Camunda Run 7.19.0 with PostgreSQL database. However I got an error like down below.

Doing manual installation without schema update with config at down below:

I created tables with engine and identity scripts. Tables are down below:

Thanks for any help.

In addition to this informations, if I let Camunda create tables it runs successfully.

However, if I set schema-update: false again with tables that Camunda create, it gives me “tables are missing” errors again.

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu,

I’m not a postgresQL expert, but my assumption is, that your datasource url doesn’t point to the correct location.

In the past I used a Java SQL client like Squirrel to check the jdbc connection and query for some data.

Does your user have the authorization granted to access the tables?

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier,

I can connnect database and can make CRUD operations manually with this user. Privileges are like down below.

Actually when I let Camunda to create tables automatically, I am using the same user. I am just changing camunda.bpm.database.schema-update parameter to false. When I restart after changes it gives me error like tables are missing.

By the way I tested same scenario in SQL Server, it works successfully. I don’t know if it’s causing problems just in PostgreSQL or not.

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu,

which tool do you use to create the tables?

There maybe a slight difference between the native Postgres Admin tool and the JDBC url.

If you set schema-update to true, the engine creates the table in the area that you specified by the JDBC url.

But it’s common practice to create the tables in a production system manually, as the DB admins usually want to have a look what is happening in their database and this process follows the principle of the least required privilege.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier,

I tried two different database management tools, one of them DBeaver and the other one is pgAdmin 4 v7.3 and as you said I executed the following postgres scripts manually.

I tried to set schema-name as same as my currentSchema and table-prefix with dot, like at this post, Manual Installation - DB2 Database -> Missing Tables - #3 by Falkner but nothing changed.

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu,

I think that you should set the schema either in the JDBC URL or as the table prefix.

If you do both, then it’s doubled.

As DBeaver is a Java based tool, it should show you the JDBC URL to access the tables.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier,

Unforturnately, I still cannot run Camunda on PostgreSQL, maybe I am missing something.
Here is jdbc url and database structure from DBeaver:

(DB has all tables just took some of them)

I am sharing my two different production.yml files that I tested and stack trace too, maybe it helps.

production1-yml.yaml (4.7 KB)
production2-yml.yaml (4.6 KB)
stacktrace.yaml (27.8 KB)

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu,

sorry, I can’t help you further.

Maybe a Postgres or Spring forum can help you, as Camunda uses only plain JDBC to access the database.

Cheers, Ingo

Thank you for your all effort @Ingo_Richtsmeier.

I solved the issue. My computer’s locale is Turkish and java uses my locale. I changed my locale to English(United States) and it solved the problem.

If anyone wonders how to check java locale, can use command at down below:

java -XshowSettings -version

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.