Engine rest apis session cookie

hi there
I am using camunda 7.14 as a microservice for my project. I communicate with Komunda through engine rest rest-apis. Do these APIs support session cookies or should I use basic auth on every request?

Hello my friend! Welcome again to the community \o/

I believe there is no way to do that, because as the name says, it is “REST”, and one of the concepts of REST is precisely to be STATELESS, that is, not to save the current state…

So, every request made needs to contain all the necessary information for the server to process without relying on any session state.

If this were allowed, it would be breaking the principles of the REST architecture, and so it would no longer be REST. :smile:

William Robert Alves

1 Like

hello
thank you.
is there any alternative way to do that or I should use a gateway logic to handle that?

Hello my friend!

Yes, I believe that an alternative would be to use gateway/middleware to handle your authentication process, obtaining and managing access tokens or even using other authentication mechanisms.

A commonly used solution to handle authentication in Camunda is LDAP, especially when you have multiple applications and want to share the same credentials between them.

Do a search on LDAP and see if it meets your expectation.

William Robert Alves

1 Like

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will use a Gateway to solve this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.