Error Boundary in receive Task event

I have set an Error Boundary event in a receive message Task. This receive msg task will be trigger when a proper response is received in a rabbit MQ. Now if their is a tag missing in the response(validation check code was inside Execution listener end of the receive task) I was throwing a BPMN error which ideally should be caught by Error Boundary Event.

But while running the process I can see It is not getting caught and it is going in end less loop as the MQ listener not able to commit the message due the BPMN exception . Is this the right behavior ? Does this mean that I can not put “Error Boundary” in message receive Task (especially in case JMS/MQ transaction)? Do I need to create a separate service task to validate the MQ response and there “Error Boundary” event need to set ?

Pls suggest .

*org.camunda.bpm.engine.delegate.BpmnError: null*
*	at com.tcs.cmi.iag.adapter.ValidatorOGHPId.execute(ValidatorOGHPId.java:18) ~[classes/:na]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.bpmn.delegate.JavaDelegateInvocation.invoke(JavaDelegateInvocation.java:39) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.delegate.DelegateInvocation.proceed(DelegateInvocation.java:57) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.delegate.DefaultDelegateInterceptor.handleInvocationInContext(DefaultDelegateInterceptor.java:90) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.delegate.DefaultDelegateInterceptor.handleInvocation(DefaultDelegateInterceptor.java:62) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.bpmn.listener.DelegateExpressionExecutionListener.notify(DelegateExpressionExecutionListener.java:62) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.bpmn.listener.DelegateExpressionExecutionListener.notify(DelegateExpressionExecutionListener.java:37) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.core.instance.CoreExecution.invokeListener(CoreExecution.java:100) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*
*	at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.core.operation.AbstractEventAtomicOperation.execute(AbstractEventAtomicOperation.java:54) ~[camunda-engine-7.10.0-ee.jar:7.10.0-ee]*

Which version of Camunda are you using?

@Niall thanks for looking this issue
I am using 7.10.0-ee version of camunda .springboot 2.0.2 and jdk 1.8

Triggering boundary events from listeners is only available form 7.11.x onward.
You can take a look here at the release notes

Thanks . It works with updated version

@anisk Could you please tell me how the exception is thrown from the Receive task?