environment:
      - ZEEBE_LOG_LEVEL=debug
      - ZEEBE_HAZELCAST_REMOTE_ADDRESS=hazelcast:5701
    ports:
      - "26500:26500"
      - "9600:9600"
    volumes:
      - ./application.yaml:/usr/local/zeebe/config/application.yaml
      - ../exporter/target/zeebe-hazelcast-exporter-1.1.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar:/usr/local/zeebe/exporters/zeebe-hazelcast-exporter.jar
    networks:
      - zeebe_network
    depends_on:
      - hazelcast

hazelcast:
    container_name: hazelcast
    image: hazelcast/hazelcast:5.0.2
    ports:
      - "5701:5701"
    environment:
      - JAVA_OPTS="-Dhazelcast.local.publicAddress=hazelcast:5701"
    networks:
      - zeebe_network 

But I get this error:

Creating network "zeebe-hazelcast_zeebe_network" with driver "bridge"
Creating hazelcast ... done
Creating zeebe_broker ... error

ERROR: for zeebe_broker  Cannot start service zeebe: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:76: mounting "/run/desktop/mnt/host/wsl/docker-desktop-bind-mounts/Ubuntu/ed77666d8391126b04b5509c9550bd382008f09ca80f3e3bbb99b283db3cfc3a" to rootfs at "/usr/local/zeebe/config/application.yaml" caused: mount through procfd: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

ERROR: for zeebe  Cannot start service zeebe: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:76: mounting "/run/desktop/mnt/host/wsl/docker-desktop-bind-mounts/Ubuntu/ed77666d8391126b04b5509c9550bd382008f09ca80f3e3bbb99b283db3cfc3a" to rootfs at "/usr/local/zeebe/config/application.yaml" caused: mount through procfd: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

I don’t understand why the application.yaml is considered as a directory…

N.B: I have already opened a similar issue on this here.

Try it with an absolute path for the source file…

This will eliminate this issue.