Errors when try to open existing collection and adding user as viewer/editor

Hi,

I can create a collection successfully, but after leaving the page and try to access again the collection from Home page it gives me error like “This link is not valid.” I found the problem but I couldn’t solve it.

When I create collection it directs me to this link and it works normally.

But when I try to access to collection from Home page, in URL “collection” word replacing with the “collectıon” and gives error like down below.

Similar problem occurs when I try to add user as “Viewer” or “Editor”. I can add user as “Manager” successfully.

I am using Camunda Optimize 3.10.0 Production with Elasticsearch version 8.6.2 and Camunda Run 7.18.4 EE.

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu ,
That looks quite odd indeed. Just to confirm, your browser locale is English yes? Have you ever used Optimize in a different locale or a custom translation? It looks like a turkish letter appeared in your URL. Did you make any changes the en localisation file? And could you please attach this file (..\config\localization\en.json).

When you say accessing from the home page, you mean going to the Collections tab and clicking on the created collection there, correct?

Hi @Helene,

My browsers preffered language was Turkish as you say, and I changed to English and removed Turkish.
After than I restarted browser and cleaned the cache, but still gives same error.

I haven’t changed the localization files and I can’t add the json file as I am not authorized so I copied the contents of the en.json file to yaml, I am attaching the file to this answer.
en.json.yaml (66.6 KB)

As you said, I’m going to Collections tab and clicking an existing collection like down below.

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu ,
Thanks for the info. A couple more questions to help us look into the issue:
Do you also have a turkish localisation file (was Optimize UI localised to Turkish when your browser was set to that language)? If so, could you please attach that one as well so I can try to reproduce the issue.
Is your computer language set to English or Turkish?

Lastly, it looks to me like the collection in your screenshot has an “unknown entity type” which may be due to some translation errors. Did you create the collection before switching languages to English? Can you please try clearing your data and creating a new collection to see if the issue still occurs.

1 Like

Hi again @Helene ,

Based on your questions I tested some cases. My computer language was set to Turkish and I changed to English. After than I start completely new elasticsearch and optimize. It worked perfectly and Unknown Entity replaced with the Collection.

To make sure it was a language issue, I changed to Turkish again and tested with same setup as English. Errors came up again and Unknown Entity appeared.

In summary, it looks like localisation problem with my localisation settings, with English localisation it works perfectly.

Thanks for your help. I am grateful for that.

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu ,
thanks for testing! So to confirm, both issues only occur if the computers language is set to Turkish? With steps to reproduce are as follows:

Issue 1:

1. Run Optimize on a computer (windows?) with language set to Turkish
  2. Create a collection
  3. Navigate to the collection from the collections tab
  4. Observe that in the URL, “collection” is replaced to “collectıon” and the link is broken

Issue 2:

1. Run Optimize on a computer (windows?) with language set to Turkish
  2. Create a collection
  3. Navigate to the collection (by fixing the broken link)
  4. In the collection, add a user as viewer or editor
  5. Observe translation error

If you could confirm the above is correct I will open a bug ticket for us to look into fixing this.

I tested it in the scenario you said.

If the computers language is set to Turkish, collection is replacing with collectıon and I can not add users as Editor or Viewer.

If the computers language is set to English, collection not replacing with collectıon and I can add users as Editor or Viewer.

Both issues occurs if the computers language is set to Turkish. I am using Windows 10.
Thanks for your help again.

As additional information, with Turkish language, error displaying on the console as down below. I don’t know if it helps.

13:03:28.929 [EngineImportScheduler-1] ERROR o.c.o.s.i.e.m.IdentityLinkLogEngineImportMediator - Was not able to import next page, retrying after sleeping for 3375ms.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.camunda.optimize.dto.optimize.importing.IdentityLinkLogType.CAND─░DATE
        at java.base/java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:273)
        at org.camunda.optimize.dto.optimize.importing.IdentityLinkLogType.valueOf(IdentityLinkLogType.java:10)
        at java.base/java.util.Optional.map(Optional.java:260)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.engine.service.IdentityLinkLogImportService.mapEngineEntityToOptimizeEntity(IdentityLinkLogImportService.java:113)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:179)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:179)
        at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1625)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:921)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:682)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.engine.service.IdentityLinkLogImportService.filterAndMapEngineEntitiesToOptimizeEntities(IdentityLinkLogImportService.java:92)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.engine.service.IdentityLinkLogImportService.executeImport(IdentityLinkLogImportService.java:62)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.TimestampBasedImportMediator.importNextEnginePageTimestampBased(TimestampBasedImportMediator.java:57)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.TimestampBasedImportMediator.importNextPage(TimestampBasedImportMediator.java:38)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.BackoffImportMediator.importNextPageRetryOnError(BackoffImportMediator.java:101)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.BackoffImportMediator.runImport(BackoffImportMediator.java:49)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.AbstractImportScheduler.lambda$executeImportRound$2(AbstractImportScheduler.java:99)
        at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1625)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:575)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluateToArrayNode(AbstractPipeline.java:260)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(ReferencePipeline.java:616)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.AbstractImportScheduler.executeImportRound(AbstractImportScheduler.java:108)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.engine.EngineImportScheduler.runImportRound(EngineImportScheduler.java:57)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.AbstractImportScheduler.runImportRound(AbstractImportScheduler.java:65)
        at org.camunda.optimize.service.importing.AbstractImportScheduler.run(AbstractImportScheduler.java:35)
        at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54)
        at org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ReschedulingRunnable.run(ReschedulingRunnable.java:95)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

Hi @Mert_Mahanoglu ,
thanks! yes it looks to me like the issue is caused by the letter i being replaced in several places, like the collections link but also the “viewer” and “editor” user roles, thats probably why “manager” works fine since there’s no i in it. I suspect there may be more issues where we use this letter.

I have opened this bug ticket for us to investigate.
If you would like to be kept up to date on progress on the ticket and have an enterprise license I would recommend you open a support ticket, our support engineers will update those tickets when there is progress. You can provide the link above so they know we’re already looking into it.

1 Like