Exadata with Golden gate replication

On open source version 7.14. Is it possible to connect Camunda with Exadata and to enable golden gate replication across 2 datacenters being active/active

Hello @Shobana ,

from what I read here, you can use the Oracle JDBC driver to connect to Exadata:

I hope this helps

Jonathan

Thank you for the response Jonathan. However, Let me add more details to my question as I guess my question was not clear. My question is more about, Does Camunda have any issues in live replication of databases in 2 data centers. We are facing difficulty in RU tables while replication is happening. Hence wanted to know if anyone has done golden gate replication in Exadata with Camunda.

Hello @Shobana ,

I am not aware of active/active replication production usage. Once, some customers wanted Cockroach support (distributed database), so there is a configuration for this.

Is there a specific reason why your data replication needs to be active/active?

Jonathan

Yes my app is shared and needs to be highly available

Hello @Shobana ,

have you tried connecting multiple instances to the same DB instance? This is the way we recommend clustering in the first place. Also, this is no problem as all DB operations run in strictly separated transactions.

Jonathan

This is how our current set up is already. Multiple app instances to the same DB.

Why would you change it? Do you have performance issues? Or a multi-region requirement?

Jonathan

Both. We have multi region requirement as well as current setup is not scalable for more than 1000 concurrent users

Hello Shobana,

is there a reason for you to not migrate to Platform 8?

This would solve the issues you presented.

Or did you already evaluate?

Jonathan