Exit a CMMN Case Plan Early

I have a use case where I have a CMMN case with both Mandatory and Optional elements, whereby the optional elements are activated using Entry Criterion based on boolean values defined in a DMN.

It all works OK in Cockpit as long as I complete all of the tasks that have been created, in that it moves onto the step after the CMMN case (the “All Done!” step) in the parent BPMN process once all of the tasks shown in the Task List are completed.

The issue I am facing is that I want the ability to exist the CMMN case early through completion of the “Quit Early” task that is linked to an Exit Criterion on the case boundary.

If I claim and complete the “Quit Early” task the CMMN case is terminated rather than being completed, so the step after it in the BPMN process (the “All Done!” task is never activated).

Is this use case supported by the latest Camunda engine version (I am using 7.10.0 EE) and Camunda Modeler 2.2.3.

As I’m a new user I can only add one attachment (!!) so can only upload the CMMN file, so hopefully someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong based on that!

Criterion.cmmn (7.6 KB)

Thanks Steve

DoItChoice.dmn (1.8 KB)
CallCriterion.bpmn (5.8 KB)
Criterion.cmmn (7.6 KB)