External task error handling both technical/functional errors

Hi team

To give a background I am leveraging external task in my implementation

Start mile stone
External task 1[callout to external system]
gateway
External task 2[puBlish message TO QUEUE , execute based on variable = 2]
External task 3[CURD OPERATION INSIDE APP DATABASE ,EXECUTE based on variable =3]
End milestone

As part of existing POC there is no error handling place, I am planning to implement need you expert guidance

1. On failure of call-out to external system like certain response code like 500, do retry this task 2 times configure duration on specific interval and if failure occurs on 2nd time make a call-out to ticket system via external task and create ticket with instance of external task reference I’d how do we achieve this solution in best way

2. On closure of ticket in the system , is there any I can invoke the failed external task as reverse integration and re kick the bpmn flows

Thanks
stephen

Hi @stephenbalben_joel,

Below docs might be of help to you.

Recognizing and managing incidents

a passive solution is preferred , which queries for (new) incidents from the outside, leveraging the Camunda (Java or REST) API and taking the desired action. The most common way is to query the number of incidents by the tool of your choice using the REST API: GET incident/count .

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.