Fail to load multiple dmns in Zeebe-process-test-extension test in Camunda 8

Hi,

I’m having an issue trying to write a process test using Zeebe-process-test-extension in Camunda Cloud 8. (v.8.0.2)
The following code runs fine if it’s just 1 bpmn and 1 dmn. But fails when i try adding second dmn:
return client.newDeployResourceCommand()
.addResourceFromClasspath(“test.bpmn”)
.addResourceFile(“~/dmn/test1.dmn”)
.addResourceFile(“~/dmn/test2.dmn”)
.send()
.join();

Here is the error: io.camunda.zeebe.db.ZeebeDbInconsistentException: Key DbLong{2251799813685250} in ColumnFamily DMN_DECISION_REQUIREMENTS already exists

I tried using addResourceFromClasspath and AddResourceFile - both methods result in the same error.

Has anyone else run into it? Or am i using the call incorrectly?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey @olgap

thanks for reporting this!

We had a recent bug which I think is related to this Prevent duplicate key insertion for DMN by remcowesterhoud · Pull Request #9121 · camunda/zeebe · GitHub I would expect it should be fixed with the recent patch release. Can you please verify your version again? Could you share the models you try to deploy? Do you see any other errors?

I will check also with the team whether someone has more details on this.

Greets
Chris

Thank you for a prompt reply.
I did see that bug while researching this issue and saw it was fixed , hence yesterday i switched to the extension version 8.1.0-alpha1.
But i’m still seeing the same error.

Here is my gradle depencencies list:
testImplementation ‘io.camunda:zeebe-process-test-extension:8.1.0-alpha1’
testImplementation ‘io.camunda:spring-zeebe-test:8.0.4’
testImplementation ‘org.junit.jupiter:junit-jupiter:5.8.2’
testImplementation ‘org.mockito:mockito-junit-jupiter:4.5.1’
implementation ‘org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter’
implementation ‘org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-web’
implementation ‘io.camunda:spring-zeebe-starter:8.0.3’

No other errors apart from the duplicate one:
io.camunda.zeebe.client.api.command.ClientStatusException: Command ‘CREATE’ rejected with code ‘INVALID_ARGUMENT’: Expected to deploy new resources, but encountered the following errors:
‘’: Key DbLong{2251799813685250} in ColumnFamily DMN_DECISION_REQUIREMENTS already exists

I’ll have to ask at work if im allowed to share our dmns before i do that though.
However I did switch the order I load dmns, and it’s always the second one that fails with this error.
I’ll create 2 dummy dmns now and see if i get the same error.
Thanks

1 Like

I have just created this bpmn and 2 dmns. And they fail with the same error:

dummy2.dmn (2.7 KB)
dummy1.dmn (1.6 KB)
dummy-bpmn.bpmn (3.3 KB)

Code:

private DeploymentEvent initDeployment() {
            return client.newDeployResourceCommand()
                    .addResourceFromClasspath("dummy_bpmn.bpmn")
                    .addResourceFromClasspath("dummy1.dmn")
                    .addResourceFromClasspath("dummy2.dmn")
                    .send()
                    .join();
        }
Error:
io.camunda.zeebe.client.api.command.ClientStatusException: Command 'CREATE' rejected with code 'INVALID_ARGUMENT': Expected to deploy new resources, but encountered the following errors:
'dummy2.dmn': Key DbLong{2251799813685250} in ColumnFamily DMN_DECISION_REQUIREMENTS already exists

at io.camunda.zeebe.client.impl.ZeebeClientFutureImpl.transformExecutionException(ZeebeClientFutureImpl.java:93)
	at io.camunda.zeebe.client.impl.ZeebeClientFutureImpl.join(ZeebeClientFutureImpl.java:50)
	at io.camunda.c8.test.DeterminationProcessTest.initDeployment(DeterminationProcessTest.java:48)
	at io.camunda.c8.test.DeterminationProcessTest.testDeployment(DeterminationProcessTest.java:53)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
	at org.junit.platform.commons.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:725)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.MethodInvocation.proceed(MethodInvocation.java:60)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain$ValidatingInvocation.proceed(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:131)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TimeoutExtension.intercept(TimeoutExtension.java:149)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TimeoutExtension.interceptTestableMethod(TimeoutExtension.java:140)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TimeoutExtension.interceptTestMethod(TimeoutExtension.java:84)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker$ReflectiveInterceptorCall.lambda$ofVoidMethod$0(ExecutableInvoker.java:115)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker.lambda$invoke$0(ExecutableInvoker.java:105)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain$InterceptedInvocation.proceed(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:106)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain.proceed(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:64)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain.chainAndInvoke(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:45)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain.invoke(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:37)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker.invoke(ExecutableInvoker.java:104)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker.invoke(ExecutableInvoker.java:98)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.lambda$invokeTestMethod$7(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:214)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.ThrowableCollector.execute(ThrowableCollector.java:73)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.invokeTestMethod(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:210)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.execute(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:135)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.execute(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:66)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$6(NodeTestTask.java:151)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.ThrowableCollector.execute(ThrowableCollector.java:73)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$8(NodeTestTask.java:141)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.Node.around(Node.java:137)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$9(NodeTestTask.java:139)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.executeRecursively(NodeTestTask.java:138)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.execute(NodeTestTask.java:95)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.invokeAll(SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.java:41)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$6(NodeTestTask.java:155)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$8(NodeTestTask.java:141)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$9(NodeTestTask.java:139)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.executeRecursively(NodeTestTask.java:138)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.execute(NodeTestTask.java:95)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.invokeAll(SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.java:41)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$6(NodeTestTask.java:155)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.submit(SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.java:35)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.HierarchicalTestExecutor.execute(HierarchicalTestExecutor.java:57)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.HierarchicalTestEngine.execute(HierarchicalTestEngine.java:54)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.EngineExecutionOrchestrator.execute(EngineExecutionOrchestrator.java:107)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.EngineExecutionOrchestrator.execute(EngineExecutionOrchestrator.java:88)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.EngineExecutionOrchestrator.lambda$execute$0(EngineExecutionOrchestrator.java:54)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.EngineExecutionOrchestrator.withInterceptedStreams(EngineExecutionOrchestrator.java:67)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.EngineExecutionOrchestrator.execute(EngineExecutionOrchestrator.java:52)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher.execute(DefaultLauncher.java:114)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher.execute(DefaultLauncher.java:86)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncherSession$DelegatingLauncher.execute(DefaultLauncherSession.java:86)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.SessionPerRequestLauncher.execute(SessionPerRequestLauncher.java:53)
	at com.intellij.junit5.JUnit5IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(JUnit5IdeaTestRunner.java:71)
	at com.intellij.rt.junit.IdeaTestRunner$Repeater$1.execute(IdeaTestRunner.java:38)
	at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.TestsRepeater.repeat(TestsRepeater.java:11)
	at com.intellij.rt.junit.IdeaTestRunner$Repeater.startRunnerWithArgs(IdeaTestRunner.java:35)
	at com.intellij.rt.junit.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(JUnitStarter.java:235)
	at com.intellij.rt.junit.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:54)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: io.grpc.StatusRuntimeException: INVALID_ARGUMENT: Command 'CREATE' rejected with code 'INVALID_ARGUMENT': Expected to deploy new resources, but encountered the following errors:
'dummy2.dmn': Key DbLong{2251799813685250} in ColumnFamily DMN_DECISION_REQUIREMENTS already exists
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:396)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2073)
	at io.camunda.zeebe.client.impl.ZeebeClientFutureImpl.join(ZeebeClientFutureImpl.java:48)
	... 71 more
2 Likes

Hey @olgap

thanks so much for your provided input!

I created User can't deploy two different DMN models in one deployment · Issue #9337 · camunda/zeebe · GitHub for that, could you please try as a workaround to deploy the models with two deploy commands?

Greets
Chris

Thanks a lot Chris!
the workaround worked, that unblocks me:-)

1 Like