FEEL/SCALA-01008 Error while evaluating expression

Hi Camunda Community,

I have the following problem in my university project. We have modeled a process with a DMN model in it. This model is to be linked to the BPMN model by means of a business rule task. The following error message appears when we execute the project.

FEEL/SCALA-01008 Error while evaluating expression: failed to evaluate expression ‘praxisphaseantragFehlerfrei’: no variable found for name ‘praxisphaseantragFehlerfrei’

In addition, we do not know how to integrate the checkboxes from the HTML (praxisphaseantrag_pruefen.html in activity Praxisphaseantrag prüfen) into the process. The checkboxes decides the path of the dmn model and we do not know how to link them.
I don’t know how to fix it. I hope someone can help me.

The project is based on a Java Process Application with Apache Tomcat (7.13), which is developed in Eclipse. The project is down below.

With best regards

process.bpmn (11.1 KB)
pruefePraxisphaseantrag.dmn (4.0 KB)

Hi @muhsinkoerpe,

It is enough to fill the input expression with the variable name. The Input variable has to be left empty.

Have a look at the docs how to bind process variables to checkboxes in a form: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.15/reference/forms/embedded-forms/controls/boolean-inputs/#checkbox

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thanks for the quick reply.

We made the change, but nothing has changed in the error message. We solved the problem in the following way:

Camunda_Modeler_jx1Rje7AyO

However, due to the adjustment we get a new error message, with which we also get no further.

Tests in error: 
  testHappyPath(org.zlomtm.praxisphase.ProcessUnitTest): ENGINE-02004 No outgoing sequence flow for the element with id 'PRUEFUNG' could be selected for continuing the process.

‘PRUEFUNG’ is the Gateway.

We have implemented the checkboxes in the HTML, but it does not recognize the variable type.

I hope you can help us.

Thanks in advance

Hi @muhsinkoerpe,

if you didn’t define a Variable Assignment Value, the value will be null, which may explain the behavoir. Finally, no matching entry can be found and the process doesn’t know where to go.

There is no need to map input parameters if you have process variables that match the input expression of the DMN table.

Hope this helps, Ingo

But if I do not define these variables i get the error i had before and I do not know how avoid the error.

PS.: Could you tell me what do you mean with process variable exactly and how i use it? It is my first time working with camunda so i have not much experience.