For inclusive gateway

Hello Team ,
I am using camunda 8 and try to create bpmn diagram in camunda modeler.

in bpmn i am trying if one user cancels the approval, the process will terminate without proceeding to other users. is this right sceanrio ?
while deploying the workflow i am facing the below error
Command ‘CREATE’ rejected with code ‘INVALID_ARGUMENT’: Expected to deploy new resources, but encountered the following errors:
‘testdiagram.bpmn’: - Element: Gateway_1801q3n
- ERROR: Currently the inclusive gateway can only have one incoming sequence flow
[ deploy-error ]

please help me here.

Thanks in advance

It’s probably better to surround the tasks in a subprocess and then have boundary event trigger when a user wants to interrupt the process like in this example.
boundaryEventFun

1 Like

Thank You @Niall Sir for your response.
i tried this one by using subprocess and then boundary event trigger.
in my case i want if one user cancel the approval, the process will terminate without proceeding to other users(in subprocess user).
For Example - if project manager is rejected the approval process will not go to the other user.
which event or geteways i have to use here ?
testApprovalProcess.bpmn (25.7 KB)

Thanks in advance.

can anyone suggest me here what i do in this workflow-

1. Start Event: Initiates the process.
  2. Parallel Gateway (Split): Splits the process into multiple parallel paths for the approval tasks.
  3. User Tasks: Each path from the Parallel Gateway leads to a User Task for approval.
  4. Interrupting Boundary Escalation Event: Attach an interrupting Boundary Escalation Event to each User Task. This is configured to be triggered when a rejection occurs.
  5. Event Sub-Process: At the same level as the parallel tasks, place an Event Sub-Process to catch the escalation event.
  6. Start Event (Escalation): Inside the Event Sub-Process, use a Start Event with an Escalation Catch Event configured to catch the specific escalation code from the boundary events.
  7. Terminate End Event: Connect the Escalation Catch Event to a Terminate End Event within the Event Sub-Process. This will stop all other tasks in the process instance.
  8. End Event: Have an End Event that the process flows to if no rejection occurs.
    i tried all the way but did not get proper output.

Hi Supriya,

I’m not sure if I have a complete solution ready for you, but would like to know if you deliberately have simultaneous tasks for all approvers. This means that all levels of approval will be triggered at the same time. While maybe for a ‘high value’ purchase offer you want to check first if the Project manager approves before you ‘bother’ management with an approval task.

I think this will also make it easier to stop the process intermediately while the other users did not yet receive the task.

I’m not very experienced, but one pattern option you could consider if you want to abort the process completely at any stage is an interrupting subprocess. (number 5)