Gateway default outgoing sequence flow can not remove ‘name’ attribute which is empty when the edge used to be edited

Hi geeks,

I met a problem such that if you ever create a exclusive gateway and assign one empty outgoing edge as default flow, it should work.

=> should looks like:
bpmn:sequenceFlow id=“SequenceFlow_0dhzpbg” sourceRef=“ExclusiveGateway_1j6fvkw” targetRef=“UserTask_1dajvwm”

However, if you ever modified that edge, for example add any condition and then remove the text, seems like there’s no change but the sequence flow will be automatically assign an extra attribute called ‘name’ which is not desirable.
=> Actually looks like:

bpmn:sequenceFlow id=“SequenceFlow_0dhzpbg” name="" sourceRef=“ExclusiveGateway_1j6fvkw” targetRef=“UserTask_1dajvwm”

This caused problem when I use camunda engine and try to deploy xml and it will report an issue like the edge aforementioned is default but also has a condition(which is name=""). I’ve tried many different ways to remove this property like delete operation and modeling.updateProperties function, etc. However, none of them worked. I hope anyone has any thought can share their solution with me.

Thanks!

Hi @Landy_Li,

Are you using the Camunda Modeler for creating the process model or a custom modeling tool that embeds the bpmn.js toolkit?

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi Thorben,
I’m using
/*!

Hi @Landy_Li,

Then the bpmn.io forum is the correct forum for your question. I see that you already posted there: https://forum.bpmn.io/t/gateway-default-outgoing-sequence-flow-can-not-remove-name-attribute-which-is-empty-when-the-edge-used-to-be-edited/943

In the future, please post your questions on one channel only. This prevents us from answering questions twice such that we can answer more questions.

Thanks,
Thorben

Thank you. I’ll remember, this time I’m just not sure which my problem belong to so I did on both sides.