Get data from excel or csv

Hi i am trying to get value from excel sheet into a text field field

So i have Excel with 2 columns
1 id and 2 names

I am trying to get name of the person with a specific id Into a text field from excel

Can anyone please share how to select the name with a specific id from excel or share links to closest solutions.

Note i can also use csv or any other format

Hey Parth,
I’m curious about your usecase here, I’m assuming you intend to programmatically access the data within that excel file. From my experience I’d chose extraction from .csv as it is much easier to read the lines programmatically.
In Java one approach might be to create a readbuffer for your .csv file and read each line and extract the id:name pair. You could then fill a Map Object with all Entries and select the specific id you are looking for.

hi thank you for the reply can u share a sample code or reference links for me to continue on this?? as each solution uses different method. and is there any way to use javascript??

Hey Parth,
your question is not really Camunda related, however I took the liberty to create a small spring boot project with CamundaCloud inclusion that allows for reading a .csv file and start a ProcessInstance with the read data. You can check it out here: GitHub - ThomasGuett/community-support-readcsv

1 Like