Hi everyone,
I define a UserTask in my workflow (Please refer pic attached). The userTask will be completed externally via Tasklist RESTAPI.
This is my form in PHP Laravel.
How do I pass the value from this form to the userTask to continue my next process?
Expected result
Able to use the decision value from Laravel form on the gateway.
I found the workaround by using TaskCompleteRequest. But when I try to send the request using postman, I got error (Refer pic attached). The documentation stated the value can be string.
I supply string in my condition expression on my gateway decision flow. Refer sample:-
I did try to change the condition expression in the gateway decision flow into boolean as well in the postman request variables and its works. But in my current situation I need the condition expression as a string. I’m not sure if I’m on the right track. Any recommendations you may have will be welcomed and much appreciated.
Thank you.
A JSON String is not a String.
Try it as
{
"variables": [
{
"name": "dinner_decision",
"value": "\"ayan\""
}
]
}
See also: How to insert/update String variable with GraphQL on completeTask
Since your worker will be sending Variables back in the TaskComplete API, you shouldn’t set the Outputs… that will just make things confusing.
This works wonder! Thank you.