Hikaricd parameters

Hi,
We had some intermittent connections problems using SQLServer 2012 where received the error “Connection timed out: no further information… Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.”.
We monitor the network, the database and the application and nothing.
We are now changing the implementation to use hikaricp and we would like to know if there is any recommended configuration regarding its parameters.
we saw Database | docs.camunda.org and Performance tuning Camunda 7 | Camunda Platform 8 Docs

Thanks

@rafaelakiorcoelho, After installing SQL SERVER 2012 or 2014 while first time trying to connect from Java program using JDBC, then it’s most likely that your SQL SERVER is not yet configured to listen for TCP/IP connection on port 1433.

Refer this page: How to solve SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host XXX, port 1433 has failed. - Product Knowledge Base - Product Knowledge Base

If you have already configured your MSSQL server to listen on TCP/IP traffic on port 1433 then it could be any of following three reasons:

• Firewall is blocking the incoming connection
  • SQL SERVER is not running on the host
  • The port you have configured is not correct, i.e. its not 1433

If the SQL SERVER express is not running then just start your SQL Server, you can do so by going into Windows Services tab or you can also start SQL Server from “SQL Server Configuration Manager”.

TCP/IP connection to the host Failed: Solution

The solution is to ensure that your SQL Server instance is listening on the port. Follow these steps to ensure that SQL SERVER 2014 is start listening on port 1433:

Enable TCP port on 1433
  1. Go to Start->All Programs-> Microsoft SQL Server 2012-> Configuration Tool
  2. Click SQL Server Configuration Manager
  3. Expand SQL Server Network Configuration-> Protocol
  4. Enable TCP/IP Right box
  5. Double Click on TCP/IP and go to IP Addresses Tap and Put port 1433 under TCP port.

TCP/IP link and this will open the following window, make sure you enter TCP Port as 1433.

Hi, thks for response; =)
I confirmed that the port 1433 it´s ok.
I created a connection between my app server with my database server using telnet and we created a polling (.sh using curl) to connecting with my database every 1 second and no error appeared.
we monitored the database for a day and found no errors in the logs and no instability either.

we also monitor the firewall and identify a slight overhead. For this reason we decided to use hikaricp by controlling the connection using a pool.