How can set base url for REST Connector

Hi,
I am currently using a REST connector to integrate with our partner API. I am wondering if there is a way to set the base URL as an environment variable for all tasks instead of using an absolute URL for each task. This would make it easier to manage and update the integration per environment (Test/Production) in the future.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Larry

Hi @Larry,
You can set a variable and add this variable to the configuration. However, there is no “pre-configured” variable. You can also define your own element template as a refinement of the template used for the rest connector. In this custom template you can set the base URL for your partner API.
Read more about element templates:

You can find the element template for the rest connector here:

1 Like

Hi @StephanHaarmann ,
Thanks for your reply. Could you please guide me on how to configure environment variables using a YAML file? I have to configure in Zeebee container or Operate container? I am currently using Docker Compose to start the Camunda instance.
Thanks in advance

Which environment variables would you like to set?

The variables that are used by the connector are not environment variables. They are process variables. They can be set by workers or via messages.