How Can we customize the Process definition version for camunda in JAVA ? we want to control over the version change of Camunda any help can i expect on this pls?

How Can we customize the Process definition version for camunda in JAVA ? we want to control over the version change of Camunda any help can i expect on this pls?

Hi @vinodgaikwad

Could you say more about your use case - what is it you would like to do?

BR
Michael

hi @mimaom …i wanted to retrieve the current version of process definition and expecting to customize it and use it in another deployment when ever i do the new deployment

Hi @vinodgaikwad,

the process definition version is hard-wired in the process engine and is increased by one on each deployment of a process definition that differs from the latest.

You can use the versionTag to get a semantic versioning with your requirement: Process Versioning | docs.camunda.org

You can access the value with the BPMN model API as well: Read a Model | docs.camunda.org

Hope this helps, Ingo

hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier how to add the version tag in BPMN and how should we get those tags in REST API

@Ingo_Richtsmeier do we have any example with versiion tags implemented and customised

Hi @vinodgaikwad,

what kind of customization do you have in mind?

Could you please be more specific?

Cheers, Ingo