How do I manually start a process from an intermediate node

multiple none start events or timer start events not supported on process definition | resource data-flow.bpmn | line 3 | column 125 [ deploy-error ]

I would like to start the process at a certain node in the middle, please see how you can do it, thank you!

Hello my friend!

I believe that to do what you are needing, you will have to create another process that is started through a timer, and this process, after being started, correlates by sending a message to start your main process through a “message start event” as per I drew in the example flow.

Another thing you can do is to wrap the “other” task in a call activity, that is, transform it into an individual process, and then have a Timer start that calls your subprocess through the call activity, as shown in the example below:

Create a exclusive process to initiate by timer, and calling your service task “other” by an call activity (your service task must be in an exclusive process to be called through the call activity.).

On your main process:

I believe this is 2 ways to do what you need.

OBS: You have a flow leaving your “AQUA_MODIS” task towards an exclusive gateway, and a flow leaving towards your “Other” task, I believe you cannot do this, unless you connect the “other” task as well on the exclusive gateway and validate where the instance should go.

I hope this helps!

William Robert Alves

[Thank you ever so much](javascript::wink:

1 Like

Hello @wzxkek .
Did what I posted above solve your problem?

William Robert Alves

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.