How to get tasks list in Camunda 8 using Spring Boot?

I was using Spring boot with embedded Camunda (7) engine. And after creating a process instance, I used to get the tasks list using camunda bpm engine TaskService.

But now that I’m starting with Camunda 8, a lot of things have changed.
First, I was able to create a process instance using ZeebeClient, but I don’t know how to get the tasks list !

Does anyone have an idea how to do that ?

Thank you in advance !

1 Like

Hi @Hanane-Boutzrout

Do you mean a list of User Tasks? For that in Camunda 8 you would use Tasklist: Introduction | Camunda Platform 8. Or else you can write a worker for it, if you don’t want to use Tasklist. See here: User tasks | Camunda Platform 8.

Josh

1 Like

Yes I mean User Tasks and no I don’t want to use Tasklist !

But don’t the Job Workers work only for Service, Send and Script Tasks ? Since I have to specify the type ? If it’s a no, then could you please provide me with more information ?

And thank you so much !

1 Like

Hi @Hanane-Boutzrout,

a user task is handled as a service task by the Zeebe engine. It uses a predefined job type io.camunda.zeebe:userTask.

With this job type you can remove the tasklist from your cluster and implement your own app to handle this specific job type.

Hope this helps, Ingo

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Ingo_Richtsmeier for your reply.

But I ended up using

camunda-tasklist-client-java

From camunda-tasklist-client-java !

Still, thank you so much for your proposition !

1 Like

In Camunda 8, everything is a service task. It uses the external task worker pattern, so everything is the same primitive, discriminated by the task type in the implementation.