How to promote process models over environments?

I am curious on the way I can promote my process models from one environment to another. For example from test to production. Assumed environment is the SaaS offering.

A requirement to be compliant is that the process model cannot not be changed in the process of doing so. So an approach to manually download the process model first and then upload it to another cluster would not be compliant.

How is this supported by the platform? I could write something myself for this if necessary, but then I seem to be missing out on the necessary API to retrieve the current process model. The upload/deployment is possible using a zeebe client.
But I may well be overlooking things of course.

How do others do this? Is there a platform feature? Did you implement some custom solution? How did you secure this?
Happy to hear from you.

Hi @Patrick,

one way to go could be the common continuous delivery.

Package the process in the process application based on Spring-Zeebe with auto deployment enabled (GitHub - camunda-community-hub/spring-zeebe: Easily use the Zeebe Java Client in your Spring or Spring Boot projects).

Once the process application passed all tests, connect it to the next env. You can change the connection in the application.yaml or provide another spring-boot profile.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hello @Ingo_Richtsmeier ,

That would definitely work. Thanks for the suggestion. Auto-deployment is actually how we work with C7 but I overlooked this opportunity from the new web modeler for processes.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Patrick