How to suspend the task in camunda and how can we check if that task is suspended or not ? do we need to use the POST/History tasklist to check that ? i do not see any suspend attribute inside the history response

how to suspend the task in camunda and how can we check if that task is suspended or not ? do we need to use the POST/History tasklist to check that ? i do not see any suspend attribute inside the history response

Hi @Vinod,

A good starting point for suspension is here: Suspension | docs.camunda.org

You can’t suspend tasks, only Job definitions, which are tasks with async continuations.

Hope this helps, Ingo

@Ingo_Richtsmeier ok for suspension is fine, how can i get the suspended true or false in history task API

any one knows how can we go ahead with team? i am stuck here can someone help here?

any update please

I think you need to give better details in your question in order to get an answer. I’m not at all sure what your issue is.

Hi @Niall What i want is i have suspended the task with processinstance Id and i want to track in the response of POST/History those suspended task how can i do that because in history response i see following attributes not any suspended result in it

https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.15/reference/rest/history/task/post-task-query/#result

thanks

So, you’ve suspended a user task?
And you’d like to see a list of suspending user tasks?

yes correct…same i can able to see in tasklist api that is POST/Task as field suspended but i am using the History API and in that i dont see that field , thanks

This call would return all suspended tasks if you set the suspended parameter to true
https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.16/reference/rest/task/get-query/

yes this one i have checked @Niall , as i am using HIstory task to check the active and suspended task , as active i can able to find with respect to deletedReson and endDate field but for suspended in History i am not able to see anything , please

So you’re actually interested in a list of task that have been suspended in the past?

Yes please

I’m not sure that data is stored in the history database, but i’ll have a quick look.

yes please @Niall will wait for you reply on this stuck since last few days on this , thanks

hi @Niall have you got chance to look into this issue? , please

It wouldn’t be easy to get this information and we don’t store it in the histroy tables.
So depending on the functionality you’re looking for you can try to find a different way of acheive it.