How to track user login

Hi… I’m new to Camunda. I need to generate a list of all inactive users (users that have not logged in after certain period of time).

1. is there a table where it logs the login event and timestamp? i see there is act_id_user table, but it only has the id, # of failed attempts, and expiry time to lock… but doesn’t have the last successful login timestamp
  2. Get User Operation Log (Historic) | docs.camunda.org may help in a way, but it seems that this only returns if there were actions performed. This does not include users that have only logged in but has not performed any actions

any advice to point me in the right direction is highly appreciated! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi @jaykul8,

logins are not recorded in the Camunda Database.

You can enable the access log of your web container and collect the login entries there.

The steps to get the access log are different for an embedded engine with spring boot or preinstalled engine running in Tomcat or Wildfly. You should look into the documentation of your specific server.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Thanks @Ingo_Richtsmeier ! i’ll look in to the access log if i can get anything from there. :slight_smile: