How to use Set Job Retries via the REST API?

I tried using the REST API as described on the wiki Set Job Retries Async (POST) | docs.camunda.org (version 7.17 is used).
However, posting the following input to:

https://camunda-engine.someCompany.com/engine-rest/process-instance/job-retries
{
    "retries": 4,
    "processInstanceQuery": {
        "processDefinitionId": "someDefinition:15:ba7e8397-0f35-11ed-a06f-8a955a601a09",
        "withIncident": true
    }
}

gives the response (400 bad request):

{
    "type": "InvalidRequestException",
    "message": "jobIds is empty"
}

This field isn’t specified on the wiki, nor should I fill it manually according to I am looking for help on how to re-trigger the failed camunda workflows in effective way such as Batch - Stack Overflow

Anyone who knows how to correctly use this API call?
I also tried to use processInstanceIds instead of the query, but this didn’t change anything.

please use below api to set
const retryIncidentConfig = {
method: ‘put’,
url: ${baseUrl}/engine-rest/job/${jobId}/retries,
data: {“retries”: 1},
headers: {
‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json’,
‘Accept’: ‘application/json’,
‘Content-Length’:400,
‘Host’:‘localhost:8081’
}
};

If you put your

{
        "processDefinitionId": "someDefinition:15:ba7e8397-0f35-11ed-a06f-8a955a601a09",
        "withIncident": true
    }

into the Get Instances API, what do you get as a result?

This gives me the expected array of process instance results.

For some reason it now works. Probably because the request with “withIncident” flag could find results now whereas yesterday I (might have) retried all of them and they weren’t in the incident-status yet.

If the Get Instances POST API call that I posted above returned no results, then you would get the “jobIDs is empty” message. If there were no jobs with that process definition that had incidents attached, that would explain it all.