I can't load any web application in http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html

If you downloaded the last release of the Community Platform, will you please share the url here so that I can also download that? Might be my issue gets resolved!

Thanks!

Hi @Hassan_Ali and welcome to this forum!

Your issue seems to be a bit different in comparison to my referenced issue (here) on the grounds that you can’t access the Camunda Welcome page at all.

If this is true, can you check if your application server (e.x. Apache Tomcat) starts up on executing the respective startup file ?
If not, there might be a different problem than here.

Best Regards,
Steve

1 Like

Actually after downloading and unzipping camunda files, I run start-camunda.bat file. Now there are two cases:

1. If I run start-camunda.bat in Administrator mode, the Window throws error saying: Windows can’t find the file,
  2. If I run this batch file without Administrator mode, the Console appears and MS Edge window opens. But when it goes to the url: http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html, the page does not load properly and says: Can’t reach the page.
    Will someone help me to fix or detect the issue?

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the download link here!

1 Like

Hi @Hassan_Ali.

As far as your 1st case is concerned, to be honest, I have no any idea as I’m not aware of the user’s modes in Windows and I haven’t seen this Windows message before.

As far as your 2nd case is concerned, could you check out Tomcat logs if there is an error?

You could also take a look at a similar post here:

Best Regards,
Steve

Hi! I have downloaded Camunda installation folder named ‘camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.12.0’, unzipped it and run ‘start-camunda.bat’. Now there are two cases:

1. If I run this batch as Administrator, it throws error:
  2. If I run it without as Administrator, it opens MS Edge and tries to navigate to url:
    http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html, but could not access the welcome page and hence the Camunda web apps as shown in the attached snap:
    . Please help me fix out the issue. I have downloaded the Community Platform.

Thanks for the help!

Do you have Java installed?
Have you abstracted the files to the c:\ or what ever your local disk is?

Hi @Niall, Yes I have Java SDK installed. And I have extracted the files to my E drive. Should I do that in C?

It’s possible that you don’t have rights to write to that drive. try and run things locally.

Should I extract the file right in the C drive or in Program Files?

c:\Camunda\ should be fine

1 Like

Ok I try as guided by you. Then I will let you know what happens!

I did as you asked. But again the same issues as shown in the snaps shared/attached in one of the above posts! I have also added java to the System Environment variables and rebooted the system. But no effect.

Take a look at the logs, it might give you a better idea as to what’s going on.

Please guide where are the log files generated!

C:\Camunda\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.24\logs
check the files in there.

Ok thanks I check those!

My logs folder is empty

Do you think is this the Java JDK issue, since updates come time by time.