Import from Bizagi BMPN 2.0 doesn't work properly

Hi @ all!

I tried to import a bmpn2.0 from Bizagi (V 4.0.0.014) to camunda (V 5.4.1).

Documentation
fields doesn’t contain the text; they are shown as XML ?!
How can I prevent this?!

Hello @A_Schulz ,

this seems to be HTML, so that the text in the documentation can be formatted.

You could copy the content from the docs field, insert it into a HTML file, open this with a browser and copy the text back from there to the BPMN xml.

This might be some effort, and there is probably a programmatic way to achieve the same. Are you a developer?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for Your answer.
The suggestion (copy) is my plan B. (cause of more than 200 fields)
I hoped, that there is some kind of converting tools, to ensure that this export-file is really usable for camunda. BMPN 2.0 should be standard but seems between these tools for a reason not fully compatible. Maybe the file header declares something, what is wrong interpreted by camunda … i dont know.
Maybe I compare the export files (from camunda and bizagi) for the same simple process?! we will see …

thanks

The specification suggests (see section 8.2.2 ) that the contents of the documentation tag is expected to be plain text

This would suggest that Bizagi is not 100% conforming to the standard.

Hello @GotnOGuts ,

from what I read, they do not conform with the default mime type.

I would say that, as long as the mime is set (text/html) in this case, they conform.

We decided to keep documentation straight and simple, so our Modeler is not able to interpret the mime type and adjust the presentation according to it.

This probably would be achievable by some kind of Modeler plugin that either interprets the mime type correctly, leaving it as text/html or transforms the HTML to plain text and sets the mime type accordingly.
I am not aware of any Modeler plugin that can do this currently.

Jonathan

1 Like

Good catch (bold in quote added)
I misread the specification as saying “must be ‘text/plain’”

1 Like