Inclusive Gateway and Roles

Hi

I am unsure of how to model the following scenario. A customer signs up for a product. Based on the product he signed up for, he would have to complete a certain set of activities (These activities are depicted in the view above).

Example: If I signed up for Product A and I signed up using the Customer App, I have to do Task 1,2,3 and 4.
If I signed up for Product A but did it through an Agent App, I have to do Task 1,2 and 3

If I signed up for Product B and I signed up using the Customer App, I have to do Task 1,3 and 4.
If I signed up for Product B but did it through an Agent App, I have to do Task 1,2 and 3

To sum up, the Tasks I do depends on the kind of app I am using and the product I subscribed for. I do not have to do the tasks in a certain order, I (the user) should be allowed to choose which one I want to complete as long as I do all the tasks I have to do. What confuse me is that, and please correct me if I am wrong, I am under the impression that with an Inclusive gateway I can do the activities simultaneously. Which means that for my problem, the inclusive gateway will not work because I can not take a selfie and fill in a form at the same time?

Also, How would the solution change if I had to complete them in a certain order instead of by users choice.

Thank you. Any input or comment is welcome

I’ve been thinking about this quite a bit actually and have some up with a pretty good solution:
Take a look at this:
https://cawemo.com/shares/aa74da2e-bc88-43be-9234-ae6ad3223bc6

As a side-note: This would also work if you wanted to select multiple actions. It all depends on if you let the user select one or many actions

[Edit] Side-side-note: just realized that as it stands it wouldn’t actually work for multiple actions - but it would just need a bit of a tweak on the general idea

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. I really like your solution. Just to clarify, the inclusive gateway cannot be used here, the reason being that you cant do both tasks at the same time. If the Tasks were for example Read and Edit, you would be able to, because you can execute both at the same time. But you cant bake a cake and eat it at the same time?

Actually you could in fact use the inclusive gateway to to do both things at the same time the problem would only occur when a given task have been completed and you need to re-set things.

The way it was originally modeled a user can only do each task once.