Input Parameter is null

In my model I have a UserTask with a form where the user enters a number of days.
Followed by a service task to calculate the next expiry date based on a factory calendar.
But this variable resolves to null. Although in Copckpit the variable is show with its value.

grafik

grafik

Hi Frank,

A shot into the dark: Does the form field ID by chance contain trailing whitespace?

Cheers,
Thorben

1 Like

Hi Thorben,

I checked the spelling a dozen times think.
Attached the complete process model.
Right after the User Task there is a gateway evalutating the same variable. This works correct, the value is < 0 and so the path to the Service Task is choosen.
FYI: Camunda version is 7.10.0-SNAPSHOT as of July, 20th.

Regards, Frank

mbi_Bestellbestaetigung.bpmn (22.2 KB)

Hm, works fine for me in a unit test, see https://github.com/ThorbenLindhauer/camunda-engine-unittest/tree/forum-8416 (I changed and removed some of the unrelated expressions). Can you see if you can make it fail? How is factoryCalendar.getWorkingDayBehind(execution) implemented?

Hi Thorben,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for spending time on my issue.
The problem was in my piece of code for retrieving the process variable’s value.
Throughout my code is user java.lang.Integer for integer values. But the datatype for “AnzahlTageNachfrist” is java.lang.Long. Adding this option to my function solved the problem.

Regards, Frank