io.grpc.StatusRuntimeException: UNAUTHENTICATED: Expected bearer token at header with key [authorization], but found nothing

Hi, I use Camunda 8 with Keycloak and Identity.
I would have to run spring boot client application but I got an error in starting time.

io.grpc.StatusRuntimeException: UNAUTHENTICATED: Expected bearer token at header with key [authorization], but found nothing
at io.grpc.Status.asRuntimeException(Status.java:537) ~[grpc-api-1.58.0.jar:1.58.0]
at io.grpc.stub.ClientCalls$StreamObserverToCallListenerAdapter.onClose(ClientCalls.java:481) ~[grpc-stub-1.58.0.jar:1.58.0]
at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl.closeObserver(ClientCallImpl.java:567) ~[grpc-core-1.58.0.jar:1.58.0]
at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl.access$300(ClientCallImpl.java:71) ~[grpc-core-1.58.0.jar:1.58.0]
at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl$ClientStreamListenerImpl$1StreamClosed.runInternal(ClientCallImpl.java:735) ~[grpc-core-1.58.0.jar:1.58.0]
at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl$ClientStreamListenerImpl$1StreamClosed.runInContext(ClientCallImpl.java:716) ~[grpc-core-1.58.0.jar:1.58.0]
at io.grpc.internal.ContextRunnable.run(ContextRunnable.java:37) ~[grpc-core-1.58.0.jar:1.58.0]

Please help! Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for your message.

It can be that you’re not passing the credentials so your Java Application connects to the cluster. Can we check two things together:

1. Have you created your Credentials on your cluster and gave them the right permission? If not, please check Set up client connection credentials | Camunda 8 Docs.
  2. Have you put those credentials on your application.properties on your java app? Here is how your application.properties should look like:
#Java Client Zeebe
zeebe.client.cloud.region=xxx-2
zeebe.client.cloud.clusterId=xxxxxx
zeebe.client.cloud.clientId=xxxxxxxxxx
zeebe.client.cloud.clientSecret=xxxxxxxxx

Please try the two steps above and let me know what happens. Happy to debug further if this does not help!

Best Regards,
Donat

thank you. it is works

Glad it worked.

Best
Donat

1 Like