Issue: Black text in colored task

To highlight tasks it is possible to color a task. A green task has means you get a lightgreen background and a darkgreen text. This results to a low contrast and is bad visible, e.g. if printed b/w or shown in presentations using a beamer.

It would be great if the color tool offers additional colors (pairs) in the palette with black text, e.g. “light green background / black text”, in addition to the color pair “light green background / darkgreen text” :slight_smile:

(This could mean, that the color palette needs to show not only a colored box, it should include a colored letter as example, too!)

Great thanks in advance,

Hi,

as a workaround I would like to propose you to change the color manually in the xml:

<bpmndi:BPMNShape bioc:stroke="#1E88E5" bioc:fill="#BBDEFB">
</bpmndi:BPMNShape>

Cheers,
Tassilo

Something that might be of interest is a lovely little modeler plugin that @felix-mueller wrote. You can find it here: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-consulting/tree/master/snippets/camunda-modeler-plugins/bpmn-js-plugin-color-picker

Might be nice to add the ability to change text colour as well!

1 Like

Would be happy to enhance the plugin!
I agree that colouring stroke and fill separately would be a great feature. At the moment I am just not sure how the UI for this should look like.
If anyone has ideas or suggestions that would be great.

Hi, I try to install your plugin (copy your directory “bpmn-js-plugin-color-picker” to the “plugins” directory) and test it. But I don’t know how to activate the color picker (menu?), now?

As feature the idea could be something like

Thanks, Jan

(Camunda Modeler 1.10 CE)

Hi,

the workaround

<bpmndi:BPMNShape bioc:stroke="#000000" bioc:fill="#BBDEFB">
</bpmndi:BPMNShape>

works, but having a stroke of bioc:stroke="#000000" should be an additional combination directly available in the color palette :slight_smile:

Thanks, Jan