Job Executor Stuck Again - 1 Week Old installation of 7.15.0

YET AGAIN for the 7th or 8th time in a year we now have Camunda Jobs Stuck and not processing job for no apparent reason.

We just reloaded this server less than a week ago on v7.15.0.

@Niall Think since you guys just pulled in $100M in funding you can deal with a 4-year-old bug?

Not likely huh?

Hi,
One reason the job executor appears to be stuck is when the job executor threads are not released from task code. A common cause of this was the connector architecture which did not time out and thus threads were blocked indefinitely…Thus looks for a cause of job executor threads being blocked by something…

In your model, it looks like you have 21 executions waiting on a signal (which is not directly waiting for the job executor), and 21 executions at the spam risk gate. I assume the spam risk gate is an async continuation which will be waiting on job executor, so Im curious to know what happens further downstream…

So looks for a cause of job executor threads to become blocked by code…
Are you using the connector library, if so, indefinite socket timeouts can be problematic…

regards

Rob

Hi @GChester1

You’ve got quite the bee in your bonnet. I think it’s fair to ask you read our Code of Conduct which can help you regulate your tone.

In future posts don’t be so petulant, there’s no need for it. We would honestly rather help you than deal with your misplaced aggression. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Webcyberrob,

Yes, through a year of “Trial and Error” we have sorta figured out a decent part of what you mentioned.

HTTP Connectors have horrible problems and have been ignored for quite some time.

There seems to be a mild debate over this HTTP Connector issue and developers feel there was enough documentation that stated the HTTP Connectors was not a priority and other methods were higher priority. Though we somehow missed that memo in hours, days & weeks of troubleshooting this problem in the past year.

For example we were recently told about using a JSoup library and that has proven helpful, but we are using HTTP Connector in quite a few places since the documentation states it as the main way to access external endpoints for data exchange.

Unfortunately it will take probably a month or 2 to RE-WRITE all the code using HTTP Connectors, testing & debugging and devs can’t figure out why I have; “A BEE IN MY BONNET”.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if there was another band-aid we could put on this until we can waste our time re-writing the code.

Thanks for your input.

Hi @GChester1

I’m sad to see you didn’t take my advice

You misunderstood my tone, i was giving you a chance to be more civil. There was nothing “semi” about the threat.
I’m suspending your account for the next few weeks
Please read the Code of Conduct before returning.