Multiple processes per diagram: Tasklist/Optimize use wrong process name

I use Camunda Platform 8.2.1 locally using docker compose.

When a BPMN diagram contains two (or more) executable processes, and that diagram is deployed to the engine, then all processes share the same name, despite having different names in the diagram.

I prepared an example process containing two pools, one calling the other and both containing a user task. The processes are simply named “First Process” and “Second Process” (see attachment).

When I view the deployment in Operate or work on User Tasks in Tasklist…

• I expect there two be two processes, named “First Process” and “Second Process” respectively.
  • However, in Operate there are two processes named “Second Process” and Tasklist displays the process name “Second Process” event when viewing a task from “First Process”.

incorrect-process-name-multiple-processes-per-diagram.bpmn (5.3 KB)

I ran into the same problem. Using Desktop Modeler, I deployed a BPMN diagram containing 2 different executable processes. I cross-checked the XML in the .bpmn file, and they have their respective, different, names in the XML. However, the processes on Operate/Tasklist share the name of the process which came last in the XML. This makes using the Web UI quite annoying.

Is there a way to change the name of a deployed process? Could not find anything on the website or CLI client documentation.

Hi @DatyEighty and @timkg - I took a look at this today and have reached out to the engineering team for some clarification. I am not sure if this is intentional or a bug, and if it’s intentional then we need to improve the documentation and reset expectations. I’ll let you know when I learn more!

2 Likes

@DatyEighty and @timkg - it is indeed a bug. The team had a private ticket for it, but we’ve now created a public ticket so that there’s more visibility.

I don’t have an ETA on a fix, as it has been a lower priority for the team, but I have shared your comments and this thread with them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.