MySQL configuration for SpringBoot App

I was playing around with the platform initializer at start.camunda.com and it works great. The problem is after a restart all settings are gone. So how can i configure MySQL for the SpringBoot App as in the Camunda Run Server?

Hi @humour

Add a Maven dependency for the MySQL JDBC driver and then change the spring.datasource.url in the application.yaml to match the MySQL URL.

BR
Michael

Hi and thank you. Sorry for my late reply. I tried it this way but get this error

Best regards

Hi @humour

I have just tried a fresh application generated from the start.camunda.com initializer for Camunda 7.17 and Spring Boot 2.6.4 and Java 15.

I then added Maven dependency:

<dependency>
      <groupId>mysql</groupId>
      <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
    </dependency>

and my application.yaml looks like:

spring:
  datasource:
    url: jdbc:mysql://localhost:33306/camunda
    username: root
    password: password
    driver-class-name: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

camunda.bpm.admin-user:
  id: demo
  password: demo

To test it, I have started a MySQL instance using Docker:

docker run -p 33306:3306 --name some-mysql -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=password -d mysql:latest 

Before you start the application, connect to the MySQL Docker instance and create a database schema called “camunda”. Then the application should start and it will create the required tables in the database.

BR
Michael

I see you are using com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver while i was using com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. That fixed it. See MySQL :: MySQL Connector/J 8.0 Developer Guide :: 4.4.1.3 Changes in the Connector/J API

Ahh OK. Great it works now.

BR
Michael