Need the best way to create a boundary event that will trigger an event subprocess

I need to find the best way to create an event subprocess that will be triggered by any event(possibly message) that has to catch a particular payload which can be thrown by any of the 6 user tasks I’m using.

Hi, have you considered a conditional start event? Hence your tasks set a variable to a status value which may trigger a subprocess. See the documentation here [1]

regards

Rob

[1] https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.8/reference/bpmn20/events/conditional-events/

Hi,

Thanks for the guidance. That is the exact solution I was hoping for.

But when I tried to implement a conditional start event to trigger an event subprocess, the process engine threw an error saying that “start event for event subprocess can be message, error, signal, compensation, escalation”. How do I get out of that?

Hi @Ankita-Saxena1

which camunda version do you use?

Best regards,

Markus

Hi,
It’s version 7.5.0

Hi,

I don’t believe conditional events were supported in that version. Can you upgrade to the latest?

regards

Rob

@Webcyberrob I also have similar scenario, where I need to send invoices for each user task. To implement this , i set a taskName process variable with corresponding taskName from each user task’s start listener. Therefore for each addition of the taskName variable triggers a separate sub-process (see the property panel on the right side) that will send the invoice with corresponding taskName. Is this the approach that you have mentioned ?