OOTB Connector deployment does not work

I’m now trying to post slack message using OOTB slack connector.

I’ve installed self-managed using KIND and following values

connectors:
  enabled: true
  inbound:
    mode: disabled

I deployed just start → slack connector service task → end
after start an instance, operate dashboard said that the process instance running at the slack service task and it did not proceed to the end.

When I watch connector logs using kubectl logs -f, the connector pod throws following errors

io.grpc.StatusRuntimeException: UNAVAILABLE: io exception
	at io.grpc.Status.asRuntimeException(Status.java:537)
	at io.grpc.stub.ClientCalls$StreamObserverToCallListenerAdapter.onClose(ClientCalls.java:481)
	at io.grpc.internal.DelayedClientCall$DelayedListener$3.run(DelayedClientCall.java:489)
	at io.grpc.internal.DelayedClientCall$DelayedListener.delayOrExecute(DelayedClientCall.java:453)
	at io.grpc.internal.DelayedClientCall$DelayedListener.onClose(DelayedClientCall.java:486)
	at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl.closeObserver(ClientCallImpl.java:574)
	at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl.access$300(ClientCallImpl.java:72)
	at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl$ClientStreamListenerImpl$1StreamClosed.runInternal(ClientCallImpl.java:742)
	at io.grpc.internal.ClientCallImpl$ClientStreamListenerImpl$1StreamClosed.runInContext(ClientCallImpl.java:723)
	at io.grpc.internal.ContextRunnable.run(ContextRunnable.java:37)
	at io.grpc.internal.SerializingExecutor.run(SerializingExecutor.java:133)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: finishConnect(..) failed: Connection refused: camunda-platform-zeebe-gateway/10.96.5.84:26500
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: finishConnect(..) failed: Connection refused
	at io.netty.channel.unix.Errors.newConnectException0(Errors.java:166)
	at io.netty.channel.unix.Errors.handleConnectErrno(Errors.java:131)
	at io.netty.channel.unix.Socket.finishConnect(Socket.java:359)
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollChannel$AbstractEpollUnsafe.doFinishConnect(AbstractEpollChannel.java:710)
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollChannel$AbstractEpollUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractEpollChannel.java:687)
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollChannel$AbstractEpollUnsafe.epollOutReady(AbstractEpollChannel.java:567)
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:499)
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:407)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:997)
	at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It seems that the error pointed that there is something wrong regarding to connecting to zeebe gateway.

When I get the environment using kubectl describe pod camunda-platform-connectors, it shows following.

Environment:
      SERVER_PORT:                          8080
      CAMUNDA_CONNECTOR_POLLING_ENABLED:    false
      CAMUNDA_CONNECTOR_WEBHOOK_ENABLED:    false
      ZEEBE_CLIENT_BROKER_GATEWAY-ADDRESS:  camunda-platform-zeebe-gateway:26500
      ZEEBE_CLIENT_SECURITY_PLAINTEXT:      true
      ZEEBE_CLIENT_ID:                      zeebe
      ZEEBE_CLIENT_SECRET:                  <set to the key 'zeebe-secret' in secret 'camunda-platform-zeebe-identity-secret'>  Optional: false
      ZEEBE_AUTHORIZATION_SERVER_URL:       http://camunda-platform-keycloak:80/auth/realms/camunda-platform/protocol/openid-connect/token
      ZEEBE_TOKEN_AUDIENCE:                 zeebe-api

As I thought “Connection Refused” throws because connector cannot connect to ‘camunda-platform-zeebe-gateway:26500’ and connector cannot get the secret,
I tried to redeploy connector via disable connector using helm first and redeploy the connector to enable.

After the redeployment of connector, the connector logs only shows warning and no errors.
" The request’s security level does not guarantee that the credentials will be confidential."

It indicated that the connection to the brokre gateway was successful.
Still the process instance is stoped at slack service task, in other words the connector did not subscribe the job.

What could I do more to resolve this problem?

Hi @msjo

Thank you for your message. At this moment, it’s hard to tell why it is not working for you. Having full logs from the beginning might help to give some insight.

Also, (1) do you try to send message from BPMN to Slack (outbound connector) or send message from Slack to BPMN (inbound connector)? (2) why did you disable inbound inbound.mode: disabled? (3) Did you try any other connector?

It worked. my bpmn source was misconfigured.

(1) : BPMN to Slack
(2) : the official installation document point camunda-platform-core-kind-values.yaml.