Operate API : 401 Unauthorized

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to access Camunda Operate Rest API for process a instance but its giving 401 Unauthorized error. I am using postman and providing authorization token as key. Please let me know what can be the issue here. Thanks for help in advance.

Hi @Pragati ,

This might be because you are using token from the application that did not enable the access in the identity to access operate read and write api’s

you can refer this documentation and this topic

2 Likes

Hi @Pragati,

I am unable to see in your attached screenshot that the Authorization Header value is started with string “Bearer”. As per the documentation Key value of Authorization is combination of "Bearer " + token. [Please note, there should be a space between Bearer and the token]
In case you have correct Authorization value set up as mentioned above, next thing to check whether you used “operate.camunda.io” in the audience field during token generation.
Hope this will resolve your 401 Unauthorize error.

2 Likes

@Suman_Paul, Yes you are correct, didn’t notice that Bearer was not included with the token

1 Like

Thanks @Praveen_Kumar_Reddy and @Suman_Paul , it was authorization token issue as mentioned above. I have fixed it now and API is working fine. Thanks a lot :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.