OperateClient doesn't have public api's do get decision definition xml

@nathan.loding Why OperateClient doesn’t have public api’s do get decision definition xml? Any alternative solution to fetch decision xml from zeebe?

Version: camunda-operate-client-java-8.2.0.jar

Hi @aravindhrs - the camunda-operate-client-java package is a community contributed and maintained project, not an official Camunda library. You are welcome to open an issue or submit a pull request to the project to support this!

It is supported by the Operate API - you should be able to use the /v1/decision-definitions/{id} endpoint to fetch the DMN definition: Overview | Camunda 8 Docs

@nathan.loding There’s an duplication in operate swagger endpoints.

Camunda Cluster Version: 8.2.0

@aravindhrs - apologies for a late reply on this. Those are not duplicate endpoints. The first one returns a JSON document, the second one returns an XML document.

@nathan.loding Thanks for clarifying. The api description shows “Get Process definition as XML by key”.

I had read the image as more of a report of a potential error in the OpenAPI configs that generate the page…

PROCESS DEFINITION
[GET] /v1/process-definition/{key}

compared to

PROCESS
[GET] /v1/process-definition/{key}

Oooooh :eyes: I missed that the endpoints were the same for two different entities. I’ll give this a test in our latest alpha builds and report it back to the Operate product team. Thanks @aravindhrs and @GotnOGuts!

Circling back on this @aravindhrs and @GotnOGuts - the duplicate endpoints is resolved in the last patch to the 8.3.x release (I think that’s 8.3.3?) and is definitely resolved in the upcoming 8.4 release.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.