Optimize does not work after upgrade from 8.3.0 to 8.3.2

Today I upgraded my self managed Docker Compose installation which is based on the Docker Compose files from GitHub - camunda/camunda-platform: Links to Camunda Platform 8 resources, releases, and local development config from version 8.3.0 to 8.3.2. Since then Optimize does not come up anymore. The error message in the Java stack I find most informative is this:

Caused by: org.camunda.optimize.service.exceptions.OptimizeRuntimeException: 
  The Elasticsearch Optimize schema version [3.11.0] doesn't match the current Optimize version [3.11.2]. 
  Please make sure to run the Upgrade first.

(I introduced line breaks to improve the readability).

This is always the last message of the caused by chain of Java exceptions. The text Please make sure to run the Upgrade first confuses me the most: how shall I run any Upgrade of the Elasticsearch schema? Or is there anything I missed?

I did not flood this topic with log file output. Of course I can pass the complete logfile if it required for any deeper analysis.

Sorry, for bothering, but I made it: I checked the optimize source code repository and found a mention on an upgrade script which is part of the Optimize installation: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-docs/blob/2913500a51a933566f9a80b8e56b0d007f520e81/optimize_versioned_docs/version-3.11.0/self-managed/optimize-deployment/migration-update/instructions.md.

I opened a terminal to my Docker container and executed the command /optimize/upgrade/upgrade.sh. The script ran for ten seconds, I restarted the Docker container and Optimize came up flawless.

Can anybody tell me if I missed this in Documentation somehow or if I did something wrong performing the upgrade from 8.3.0 to 8.3.2?

Hi @JensBrauckhoff,

the page you found in its source code is available here: Update notes (3.10 to 8.3/3.11) | Camunda 8 Docs.

Manually, you can find it under Self-Managed → Optimize → Migration & update

Hope this helps, Ingo

@Ingo_Richtsmeier : thank you very much! That is exactly what I was looking for.