Oracle database jdbc connectivity

Manual installation for Oracle database

First the environment
Running Ubuntu 14.04.5 on Docker host mac osx
Oracle xe, after testing it will move to Oracle 12c enterprise

Please bear with me as I am not very familiar with Java

I have followed to the letter the manual installation and downloaded from Oracle site the jdbc driver (ojdbc7.jar) and installed it in …/tomcat/lib directory.

Without the line Tomcat starts up correctly. However, by adding the line I get the following error message in log file

05-Jun-2017 22:13:48.433 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start The required Server component failed to start so Tomcat is unable to start.
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardServer[8005]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:625)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:351)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:485)
Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException:couldn’t lookup datasource from java:jdbc/ProcessEngine: Name [jdbc/Proce ENGINE-08043 Exception while performing ‘deploy BPM platform’ => ‘Start process engine default’: ssEngine] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.ContainerIntegrationLogger.exceptionWhilePerformingOperationStep(ContainerIntegrationLogger.java:312)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:132)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.MBeanServiceContainer.executeDeploymentOperation(MBeanServiceContainer.java:156)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation$DeploymentOperationBuilder.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:212)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.tomcat.TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.deployBpmPlatform(TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.java:72)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.tomcat.TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.lifecycleEvent(TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.java:57)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:402)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setState(LifecycleBase.java:347)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:753)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

Any help is appreciated

Hazig

Hi @hazig,

Please attach the Tomcat configuration files like server.xml and bpm-platform.xml.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

bpm-platform.xml

bpm-platform.xml (3.4 KB)

As new user I am allowed the upload one attachment

And server.xml
server.xml (7.6 KB)

Line 58: missing " at the end of the line (password="test).

Thanks

Since I am running Oracle ORDS I now have the following error message.

06-Jun-2017 13:36:34.475 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] . Validating pool: |apex||
06-Jun-2017 13:36:34.722 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] . Pool: |apex|| is correctly configured
06-Jun-2017 13:36:34.722 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] . Validating pool: |apex|al|
06-Jun-2017 13:36:34.742 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] . Pool: |apex|al| is correctly configured
06-Jun-2017 13:36:34.742 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] . Validating pool: |apex|pu|
06-Jun-2017 13:36:34.777 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] . The username or password for the connection pool named apex_pu, are invalid, expired, or the account is locked
 oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolConfigurationException: The username or password for the connection pool named apex_pu, are invalid, expired, or the account is lockedPreformatted text

I am sure that the account is unlocked and the apex public user (apex_pu?) can connect.

Hazig