org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: condition expression returns non-Boolean: result has class java.lang.String and not java.lang.Boolean

I am getting error:

Cannot submit task form 84f3446f-13f3-11ee-856d-e0d55eba1307: condition expression returns non-Boolean: result has class java.lang.String and not java.lang.Boolean

I checked the previous similar issues, but none is working for me

Here is my bpmn file
process.bpmn (7.8 KB)

Conditional expression has single equal to sign (=). All other examples have double equal to sign and when I use a ==, I get syntax error. Hence it is confusing me.

Anyone has idea how to deal with the error ? I want to be able to use a conditional with a boolean condition variable. This error says my boolean variable has a result string. I am not sure how it is possible?

Please guide if you have any idea? What is missing in my process.bpmn file. Have I configured the conditional incorrectly?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi @Hemal_Mamtora,

I have downloaded, deployed the process.bmpn in my platform and tried to run the instance and it’s working fine in all cases with out any error though its a string from the form and i’m checking for a boolean in conditional expression

I’m using camunda 8.2.5 self managed, modeler 5.12.0 versions
For the conditional expression you can see this Expressions | Camunda Platform 8 Docs and say that single equal to sign (=) is the correct one to use here

I am trying to run the above bpmn in Camunda 7 embedded process engine along with Spring Boot.
Here I am writing Delegates for Service Tasks and expecting user Tasks to be run from the user interface.

Could you try this using Camunda 7 and Spring boot. Maybe then you would be able to reproduce this error.

Thanks

You have posted your topic in wrong category i.e. in camunda 8, Please post it in camunda 7 you might find a better help
After opening the bpmn file it is showing it as 8.3 versioned bpmn, so i have proceeded with camunda 8

I had put category Camunda 7, but someone changed it to 8 and I am unable to edit it now. Could you please assist in setting the category to Camunda 7, so that I can get an answer for this issue?