The latest episode of the Camunda Nation podcast is out!
This topic of this month’s episode is "The Top Eight Questions About Camunda Platform 8" - selected from Meetups, Forum and Slack questions.
Here are the eight questions that are covered in the episode:
1. Camunda 8 relies on a remote engine paradigm instead of the embedded engine which is more common on the Spring Boot implementations. What are the advantages of remote engines over embedded ones?
2. We know remote engines come with some limitations: We don’t have delegates, for instance. What strategies are recommended for overcoming them:
- What to do instead of listeners?
- How to replicate the functionality we had with Global listeners and engine plugins?
3. For Camunda 8 SaaS, web modeler is used to deploy processes, but for self hosted, what is the best strategy for DevOps and project management? And are there plans to have web modeler for self-hosted?
4. Camunda 8 has 3 APIs in different technologies: gRPC, GraphQL and REST. Each is responsible for part of the functionality that was provided by the REST API on 7.
Can you clarify the differences in scope of each of them?
5. What are the best alternatives for someone who wants to implement their own tasklist?
6. Why do I get RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED errors when I add workers / increase the maxJobsActive setting?
7. Why the change in licensing between Camunda 7 and Camunda 8, and what is it?
8. Implementing a cloud native application requires new roles and new capabilities within our teams. Can you describe the internal stack, and what skills we need to be leveraging not only to implement the projects (both Saas and self hosted), but also to operate camunda once in production?